There are two openings on the Boulder Housing Network for editor-reporters. We invite you to apply for one of the positions. Editors participate in 40 minute brainstorming meetings about housing via Zoom twice a month. Editors follow projects and write four to six articles per year for publication in the newsletter and website.
BHN has changed the dialogue surrounding housing in our city. It is harder for NIMBYs to complain about parking when our readers express the need for a place to live. When people tell their stories about housing stress, better outcomes follow. You can make a difference as a BHN editor.
If you are interested in joining the BHN editors, send us an email with “Editor” in the subject line. And tell us about your interest in joining us, using the following as touchstones::
- Length of time in Boulder
- Other volunteer work you have done
- What is your housing story?
- What is your familiarity with BHN?
- Why might you be interested in becoming a BHN editor?
- What are you interested in following or writing about?
- Do you have skills that might be useful to BHN?
- What questions do you have for us?
- If there is a writing sample you would like to share with us, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.